Jonathan and Matt are, like the rest of you, in isolation at the moment. Safely ensconced in their own homes across the Atlantic, they decided it was time to do a miniseries of films that feel a little too relatable right now. Not to make light of the scary situation we all currently find ourselves in the midst of, but rather to make this time of contemplation a little more enjoyable. The guys as that you seek out the films or, in some cases, you avoid them and then listen to our mini-sodes.
- Episode 5: Mad Max Fury Road (2015)
- RT: 97%
- Metascore: 90
- Budget: $150,000,000-$185,000,000
- Boxoffice: $375,209,362
- Directed by George Miller
- Written by George Miller and Brendan McCarthy
- Starring Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Nathan Jones, Zoë Kravitz, Riley Keough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley,
- How to watch: UK Amazon Prime / Sky Cinema; Digital providers in the US
Mad Max Fury Road is a film that many people had in their top ten of the decade. It’s balls to the wall action from beginning to end and yet George Miller manages to craft characters that the audience can connect with while using minimal dialogue. Watching people horde around supplies and fight for survival feels a bit ominous right now and why it fits into the miniseries.
BAMP on Twitter | BAMP on Instagram | TeePublic Merchandise
Jon on Twitter | Jon on IG | Jon on Letterboxd.com
Matt on Twitter | Matt on IG | Matt on Letterboxd.com
Berkreviews.com | WhatIWatchedTonight.co.uk