The Bloody Awesome Movie Podcast focuses on a single film per episode, usually a new release (hopefully theatrically at some point) giving a spoiler-free review. Then Matt Hudson (@wiwt_uk) from What I Watched Tonight and Jonathan Berk (@berkreviews) from Berkreviews.com will introduce a variety of movies or pop-culture-related topics in a series of segments. However, for this week we are covering the Tribeca Film Festival so we are rapidly discussing spoiler-free reviews of the films we saw from it.
Review of Cry Macho (2021)
- Directed by Clint Eastwood
- Written by Nick Schenk and N. Richard Nash
- Starring Clint Eastwood, Dwight Yoakam, Daniel V. Graulau, Amber Lynn Ashley, Brytnee Ratledge, and Alexandra Ruddy.
- IMDb.com Synopsis: A one-time rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder takes a job to bring a man’s young son home and away from his alcoholic mom. On their journey, the horseman finds redemption through teaching the boy what it means to be a good man.
- 52% RT critic, 54 Metascore, 6.1 IMDb user score, and 3.1/5 on Letterboxd
- RELEASE location / DATE: Theaters/HBO Max
Movie/Pop culture news that caught our attention
Movies, TV, Video Games, Music, Podcasts (not ours), etc that we use to pass the time
- Nightmare on Film Street (Malignant)
- The Green Knight, Barb & Star Go to Vista Del Mar, The Mauritanian
- Blank Check – Christine
- Prince of Darkness, Apostle, Copshop, Sweetheart, Cape Fear, Easy Rider,
- What If, What We Do in the Shadows,
BAMP on Twitter | BAMP on Instagram | TeePublic Merchandise
Jon on Twitter | Jon on IG | Jon on Letterboxd.com
Matt on Twitter | Matt on IG | Matt on Letterboxd.com
Berkreviews.com | WhatIWatchedTonight.co.uk