The Bloody Awesome Movie Podcast focuses on a single film per episode, usually a new release (hopefully theatrically at some point) giving a spoiler-free review. Then Matt Hudson (@wiwt_uk) from What I Watched Tonight and Jonathan Berk (@berkreviews) from Berkreviews.com will introduce a variety of movies or pop-culture-related topics in a series of segments. However, for this week we are covering the Tribeca Film Festival so we are rapidly discussing spoiler-free reviews of the films we saw from it.
Review of Jungle Cruise (2021)
- Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra
- Written by Michael Green, Glenn Ficarra, and John Requa
- Starring Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar Ramírez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, and Paul Giamatti.
- Letterboxd.com Synopsis: Dr. Lily Houghton enlists the aid of wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff to take her down the Amazon in his dilapidated boat. Together, they search for an ancient tree that holds the power to heal – a discovery that will change the future of medicine.
- 63 RT% critic, 50 Metascore, and 7.1 IMDb user score
- RELEASE location / DATE: Theaters
Movie/Pop culture news that caught our attention
Movies, TV, Video Games, Music, Podcasts (not ours), etc that we use to pass the time
- Halloweenies (Demons)
- The Suicide Squad (will save thoughts for next week), Patriot Games, Annihilation, Ghostbusters (1984)
- Blank Check – Old, Patreon ep: Riddick series
- I’m not there, Rebel without a Cause, The Green Knight, Assault on Precinct 13, Guns Akimbo,
- Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace
BAMP on Twitter | BAMP on Instagram | TeePublic Merchandise
Jon on Twitter | Jon on IG | Jon on Letterboxd.com
Matt on Twitter | Matt on IG | Matt on Letterboxd.com
Berkreviews.com | WhatIWatchedTonight.co.uk