This year’s top 10 album list was challenging to say the least. I have been working on what to include for a few weeks. To be completely honest I have revised this list a number of times too. There were so…so many great albums released. A blessing and a curse, just ask my bank account.
I tried listing these in order from 1-10 (duh), but to put any of these albums ahead of another just didn’t seem to do them any justice. If you know me, a number of these are no surprise. Some of these bands haven’t released an album in years (or decades even!) and the fact that they decided 2017 was the perfect time to do so just kills me. In a good way.
Music holds a dear place in my heart and what I am listening to might be because of how I am feeling or how I want to feel. Without any further ado, these are the ten albums that I loved this year and five that I also enjoyed very much. If 2018 has even half the number of amazing albums as did 2017 then I will be happy.
Corey’s Top Ten Albums of 2017:
- Slowdive- Self Titled
- LCD Soundsystem- American Dream
- Bully- Losing
- St. Vincent- Masseduction
- The National- Sleep Well Beast
- The Clientele- Music For the Age of Miracles
- Margo Price- All American Made
- Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile- Lotta Sea Lice
- Spoon- Hot Thoughts
- Ryan Adams- Prisoner
- The Shins- Heartworms
- Ride- Weather Diaries
- The Pains of Being Pure of Heart- The Echo of Pleasure
- Phoenix- Ti Amo
- Queens of the Stone Age- Villains